Commitment to Community Service
OUR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT MISSION
We support a broad cross-section of community organizations, activities and interests. However, we do not assist individuals or organizations supporting causes such as political organizations and candidates, labor groups, commercial for-profit enterprises, religious or sectarian organizations (unless they are a non-profit organization whose primary role is to address specific community needs), or any group whose activities are not in the best interest of
Unsolicited applications can be sent at any time. Review of such requests will usually be done in January and June of each year for the current fiscal-year (August 31) giving cycle.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Scholarships for academic excellence for higher education.
- Enrichment and mentoring programs that provide academic, social and cultural activities for healthy and responsible lifestyles.
- Public and private education (K-12, colleges and universities).
- Programs that encourage parent involvement, and help students stay in school.
- Programs that focus on the use of technology in the classroom.
- Partnerships supporting student retention, job training/retraining programs.
Human - Health Care
Community Development - Community Youth General
Arts and Culture
While Arts and Culture is not a primary focus,
Applicants should be well-managed organizations that can demonstrate ability to manage resources effectively. Applications should be brief, in writing, and include the following information:
- Organizations name, street address and contact person.
- A brief description of the organization, including its objectives, accomplishments and current programs.
- Specific reason for the request and the amount requested.
- List of officers, board of directors or principals in the organization.
- Financial statements (with first year applying, subsequent years when requested by
- List of significant contributors and partners.
- In the U.S., tax identification number and verification of tax status from the IRS under Section 501 (c )(3).
- If applicable, list of prior grants from
WD-40Company, specifying dates, amounts and where the funds were allocated.
- Percentage of funds used for administration costs and used for charitable services.
Send your request to:
1061 Cudahy Place
San Diego, CA 92110